We are pleased to be able to tell you that swimming returns to Saltdean Lido this Saturday 1st August for adult lane swimming and family swimming. Following the release of the government guidelines, we can now confirm the procedures we have put in place will ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Before you come:
- For pay and play users, all sessions must be pre-booked and paid for online or via the Fusion Lifestyle app. Subscriptions members also need to pre-book online or via the app, complying with the Government's test and trace service. This ensures that the centre has no more than the permitted number of users and you have plenty of personal space.
- All Swimming Sessions are 50 minutes long and we will ask swimmers to exit the pool after this time, this allows us to clear the pool and support with cleaning between sessions.
- Please come 'beach-ready', with your swim costume already on. Changing rooms will be closed.
- If you want to use any equipment, such as floats or goggles, please bring these with you.
When you arrive:
Important - Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your session. If you arrive before this time, please wait outside of the building until 10 minutes before your session starts, while maintaining social distancing from others. Your access card or ticket will not work until 10 minutes before your swimming session.
- Have your membership card ready, this will be required on every visit. If you don't have one, this will be given to you on your first visit.
- On entry, please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Once through the turnstiles follow the directional signage and please maintain a safe social distance. There will be a directional system in place, so please follow the arrows as directed.
- Once you enter the pool, please keep your session to a maximum of 50 minutes.
- Staff will be on-hand to assist at all times.
Weekdays: Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 07:00am - 19:00pm
Weekends: 07:00am - 19:00pm
- Please exit the lido before the end of your session time.
- Adult lane swim - £8
- Family Swim - Adult £8, Child £4
- Season ticket option, from Saturday 1st August to Sunday 13th September for £150
- We will be utilising 'double' lanes. You will need to use which lane (slow, medium, fast) is most appropriate for your ability, based on users already in the pool.
- Use the steps to enter the pool, ensuring social distancing.
- Swim responsibly, maintaining social distancing at all times, follow the correct directions (clockwise within your roped section). Do not overtake.
- If you need to rest, move to the side of the pool to allow other swimmers to pass.
- Avoid overtaking while swimming. Consider changing lanes during the session if this is not an appropriate lane.
- Our Swimming Pool Admission policy applies; all children under 4 years must be supervised by an adult (aged 16+) on a 1 to 1 basis. Children aged 4-7 years must be supervised by one adult to a maximum of 2 children. If this minimum supervision is not adhered to, we will not be able to allow entry to the session.
- We have reduced our capacity to give you plenty of space to enjoy your swim. While you can swim without social distancing within your family/ household, you will need to respect other pool users and families and ensure social distancing is maintained from other groups.
- Equipment will not be available for shared use, please bring your own suitable equipment where needed.
Relaxing and leaving:
- The water fountain will be out of use until further notice, please bring your own filled drinks bottle.
- A reduced number of showers will be available for use, please stay in costume if you require a shower.
- When you have finished your swim, ensure you maintain a safe social distance from other users while changing.
- Please exit the lido immediately after your 50 minute session and follow the directional signage to exit the building, using the hand sanitisers provided before leaving.
We would like to thank you for your patience and support while we were closed and can't wait to welcome you back at the lido soon!