Fusion Lifestyle is a registered charity (Charity Number: 1107737) operating in the sports and leisure sector (referred to variously as 'Fusion Lifestyle', 'Fusion', 'Us' and 'We' in this statement) and will be the data controller for all personal data processing described in this document.
At Fusion we will always take the security of your personal data extremely seriously and will process it in a fair, transparent and lawful way.
When you share your information with us through the website and other channels, we want you to feel confident that your data is kept securely and that it will only be processed in ways about which you have been informed and where appropriate have given your consent.
Fusion adheres to the requirements of the Data Protection Act (2018) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
Should you have any questions relating to this notice or our processing of personal data, please email DPO@Fusion-Lifestyle.com or contact us at the address below.
Navigate through our policy:
- When and how Do we Collect Your Data
- What Personal Information We Collect
- How do we Use Your Information
- Sharing Data with Third-Parties
- How do we Keep Your Data Secure
- Your Rights
- Changes to Our Policy
- Contact Details
1. When and How do we collect your data
Fusion operate a number of leisure centres and provide services for our customers, in the centres, online and by telephone.
Personal data may be processed when:
Registering with and using our Website or Online App
When registering with, or using online forms on our websites or online app, you will be asked for information to enable us to process your request.
If you cease to use our service, we will remove your contact details after 2 years.
Becoming a member
Should you choose to become a member, we will collect information about you and if appropriate your family to enable us to set up your membership and deliver services to you.
This could be online, face to face in one of our centres or via the phone.
Once your membership ceases we will remove your bank details from our system, membership records will remain while you continue to use our facilities. We will retain transaction records for up to 7 years for activity and usage reporting.
Completing Health Questionnaires (PARQ)
At Fusion, we would like to ensure that you exercise safely.
When you join you may be asked to complete a health questionnaire.
Booking classes and activities
If you book to attend a class or take part in one of our activities, you may be asked for information to help us deliver the service.
Visiting our centres
If you visit one of our centres, we will record the fact that you have attended. This helps us to better understand how we are performing and improve our services.
Attendance may also be recorded if you use your membership card to enter through the turnstile.
Participating in our Swim School
If you, or your child is registered with our swim school programme, our swimming teachers may record information about your/their progress.
Completing Customer Surveys
If you have used any of Fusions facilities you may be asked to fill in a feedback form (PTUWYT), we use this information to respond to your comments directly and improve our service.
We retain customer feedback data for up to a year after any issue raised has been resolved.
In order to ensure the safety of our staff and customers, we operate CCTV systems in some of our centres. These are used to detect and prevent crime or to monitor the safety of swimmers.
CCTV recordings are retained for a period of up to a month before deletion, and may be held for longer if required as evidence in legal proceedings.
2. What Personal Information Do We Collect
The data that we collect and process will depend on the services that you have requested from us:
- Identity: First Name, Last Name, Photograph (For ID), Membership Number
- Contact Details: Address, Postcode, Telephone Number, Email
- Demographics: Date of Birth, Ethnicity, Gender
- Disability: If you are registered disabled
- Concession: Reason for concessionary membership
- Employer: If you are part of a corporate membership scheme
- Preferences: How you prefer to be contacted
If you hold a membership we may also record:
- Bank Details: For direct debit payments
- Attendance: The date and time of visits
When you visit our website, we also collect information automatically about your visits, such as the IP Address of your device, browsing patterns etc., Information collected in this way is only used in aggregate and anonymous form rather than being linked to identifiable individuals.
The GDPR requires us to take particular care when handling sensitive information such as that related to your racial or ethnic origin, any disability you may have, your health or religion (Referred to as Special Category Data in GDPR).
In the interest of your safety, Fusion require background health information before you join a membership.
We may record information about your ethnicity in order to ensure that we are serving all of the communities in which we operate. By giving us these details you are consenting for Fusion to use this information. Where we report on this data the information will be in anonymized form.
3. How do we use your information
Fusion will only use your information in a fair and transparent manner and where we have a legal basis for doing so. We will never sell your information or disclose it to anyone without informing you.
With your Consent
Where you have consented for us to do so, we will use your data to:
- Send you information about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you. This may be by mail, email, telephone or SMS, but we will offer you the chance to opt in or out of receiving these messages.
In order to perform our obligations in a contract that we hold with you
We may use and process your personal data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (such as a membership or class booking) or in order to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you to:
- Deliver the services you have requested.
- Validate your bank and payment details.
- Take payments via direct debit or card.
- Send you confirmations of bookings etc.
- Notify you when your membership is up for renewal.
For our own Legitimate Interests or those of our clients and customers
Fusion have legitimate interests in:
- Operating our business efficiently
- Marketing our services to potential customers
- Ensuring the safety and security of our staff and customers
- Informing our local authority partners about the performance of our services
In pursuit of these interests we may:
- Ask you to give feedback on your use of our services
- Provide reports on visitor numbers to our clients (Where we do so the data will be anonymized)
- Operate CCTV cameras to detect and prevent crime
- Monitor the safety of swimmers in our pools
When Legally Obliged to Do So
Under certain, limited conditions we may be obliged by law to disclose data to the relevant authorities such as the police.
4. Sharing Data with Third-Parties
In order to deliver some of our services to you it may be necessary to share your data with third parties.
Where we need to do so, we will only disclose the minimum amount of personal data in order to provide the service required.
We have implemented data processing agreements with each of the third parties and have checked to ensure that your data will be kept safe and your rights observed while the data is in their care.
- We may use the services of third-party Data Processors to deliver our services for example to host our website or send emails.
- In order to process payments, we may pass your payment details to the Bank
- Some of our services, such as our online booking app are provided by a third-party software company
In most cases, Fusion operate our leisure centres on behalf of a local authority client.
At the end of our contract, in order to ensure continuity of service, it may be necessary to pass your data on to the local authority, or another company that they select to run the facility. Where we do so, you will always be informed that the operation of the service is changing hands.
In the unlikely event that Fusion Lifestyle were sold to a third party, details of our customers would be passed on to that third party as a part of the sale of the business.
5. How do we keep your data secure
Fusion have implemented a range of technical and organisational controls to ensure that your data is properly protected at all times. Our servers and systems are hosted in secure data centres with access controls to restrict access to authorised personnel.
Fusion Lifestyle will only send marketing content to customers and consumers if they have given explicit consent to do so when completing online forms, forms in centres, or verbally in centre.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communication, then consumers can easily withdraw consent by either contacting Fusion through the contact details at the beginning of the policy or by logging in to your online account and editing your preferences.
7. Your Rights
The GDPR legislation provides you with a number of rights in relation to your personal data.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have consented to our processing of your data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. To do so, please contact DPO@Fusion-Lifestyle .com or write to us using the details below in section 11.
Right to Access
You have a right to obtain copies of the information that we hold about you.
To request access to any data, please email DPO@Fusion-Lifestyle.com or write to us at the address below explaining which data you require. In the interest of security, you will need to prove your identity before any information can be shared with you.
Under certain circumstances we may not be able to disclose all of the information you request, for example if it contains information about other people or there are legal reasons for us to withhold the data.
Right to Rectification
We would like to ensure that the data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. If you believe the data we hold is inaccurate, please tell us in the first instance, or use the update page available on the website. However, you may also ask us formally to correct your data by emailing DPO@Fusion-Lifestyle.com or writing to us at the below address in section 11.
Right to Erasure or the Restriction of Processing
In certain circumstances you can ask us to remove your data from our systems by emailing DPO@Fusion-Lifestyle.com or writing to us at the below address. If there is a legal reason for us to continue holding the data we will let you know, otherwise we will make efforts to comply with your request. You may ask us to restrict our processing of your data if:
- We are using the data for marketing
- You believe that our processing of the data is unlawful
- You object to us using your data (pending investigation)
In these circumstances, we may continue to store your information, but will otherwise only process it with your consent or where we have a legal reason to do so.
Right to Complain
If you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO). To do so please refer to the ICO website.
When you visit our website, we may send you cookies. A cookie is a small text file that can be placed on your computer´s hard drive. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Two types of cookies are used on our website:
Session cookies - these are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave our website. These allow you to carry information across pages of our website and avoid you having to re-enter information.
Third party cookies - third parties provide persistent cookies via our website site. These are used to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics in order to serve advertisements on our website and track whether these advertisements are clicked on by users, to control how often you are shown a particular advertisement, to count the number of anonymous users of the website and to provide security within transactions.
Our cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our website if cookies are disabled. You may disable cookies through your browser by following the instructions found at: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
Please see below for a list of Cookies used on Fusion website.
- Fusion (www.fusion-lifestyle.com)This is the cookie our site sets for every visitor. It stores no visitor information and is used solely to register your visit to our site. It is mostly used for tracking our administrative staff when they are working on website content in our CMS.
- CAKEPHP (www.fusion-lifestyle.com)This cookie is set by the application framework that we use to power our website. It collects no personal information.
- FUSION_SPLASH_PAGE_VIEWED (www.fusion-lifestyle.com)This cookie is set when you view one of our splash pages. It collects no personal information and is only set to tell our site to not show any other splash pages during your visit. Blocking or clearing this cookie will result in splash pages being shown on every visit to a Centre or Contract homepage.
- utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmx, __utmv, __utmz (www.google.com) . These cookies are used to collect data about your visit to our site and provide analysis via Google's Analytics platform. For more information on these cookies please visit https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that we do not accept responsibility for the privacy practices of such other websites and we recommend you read the privacy statements on entering other websites.
11. Contact Details
Postal Address: Fusion Lifestyle, Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB
Data Protection Officer: DPO@Fusion-LIfestyle.com